So it's going to be a right old shitstorm for the next few days. My deep and sincere condolences to anyone launching a new product, promoting an event or even beginning a single-issue campaign to make some aspect of the world a little better: you've all been thoroughly Joplinned.
Given that there's going to be little opportunity to read about or talk about anything else, may I offer you a chance to play a quick game of Dead Politician Bingo? And just to make it more interesting, the first person to get a full house and send it to me (links required) will get a prize of some description.
Here you go...
1) Sharing of links to footage of The Wizard Of Oz
2) Quoting any lyrics from Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead
3) Furious condemnation of a FB friend's 'lack of respect for the dead'.
4) Tony Blair doing his pompous gloopy-eyed professionally sad number
5) 'Feminist icon.'
6) Spectacularly misognyistic comment from leftwing male
7) 'She made this country great again'
8) Bizarre point-missing comment from minor celebrity not famous for intellectual abililty
9) Shouting about own working class credentials prior to unleashing stream of vitriol.
10) Shouting about own working class credentials prior to championing Thatcher's greatness
11) Obvious confusing of Meryl Streep biopic with actual events
12) Rant about Hillsborough from someone who was still in nappies when Tony Blair was elected and who has never been within 100 miles of Liverpool
13) 'Arthur Scargill was a bastard too'
14) 'David Cameron is worse'
15) Reference to drinking champagne
16) Picture of mountain of plastic-wrapped flowers laid somewhere and speculation as to whether that's a stock shot from some other disaster...
I might add a new bingo card later...